Lilypie
Not flesh of my flesh
nor bone of my bone
but still miraculously my own.

Never forget for a single minute
you didn't grow under my heart
but in it!


Friday, July 20, 2007

I Couldn't Resist...!

I love to shop and I am so excited to buy things for Gabriella. I have really been focused on resisting the temptation to shop, though, because I am so nervous that something is going to go wrong and all of my purchases will be painful reminders. The "supersticious" part of me also doesn't want to "jinx" this process. I have bought a few items on occasion, like cute dresses, a couple toys, and onsies with spanish sayings on them (like ¿Que Pasa? - What's Up?). But I have had to work hard to control myself!

I do have a very hard time resisting buying children's books, especially books I remember from childhood, like the Serendipity book collection by Stephen Cosgrove. Gabriella already has quite a collection of books!

I couldn't control myself today, though, when I saw this precious tutu. I just couldn't pass it up!


One more thing that I may not be able to resist purchasing any longer, or at a minimum selecting, is a crib set. I have Gabreilla's room set up, but it is not decorated. I was shocked by the price of crib sets. A crib set costs at least double what I have ever paid for a comforer for my bed and it is only about a quarter the fabric of a queen sized comforter! So whatever crib set I choose has to last until she needs a toddler bed set! I am very indecisive and need your help in selecting a crib set...



#1 - Annabelle Antique


#2 - Kidsline Twinkle Toes


#3 - Lady Bug


#4 - Sumersault Gabriella (Ironic Name!)


#5 - Tropical Punch

No comments:

Post a Comment