Lilypie
Not flesh of my flesh
nor bone of my bone
but still miraculously my own.

Never forget for a single minute
you didn't grow under my heart
but in it!


Monday, November 2, 2009

Goodbye Papa

My grandfather was my most favorite person in this entire world. He was like a parent (in addition to my amazing mother and father), a teacher, and a friend to me. He cheered me on throughout my entire life and he played an enormous role in helping me become the person who I am today. He was a phenomenal husband and taught me about love, marriage, and devotion through his displays of undying love, dedication, commitment, and affection for my grandmother. He was a wonderful father and grandfather and always showed great concern and care for his family and valued and respected family relationships. He was a dynamic person with a huge personality and great character and everybody who had the pleasure of knowing him enjoyed spending time with him and hearing his stories of the good old days! I could literally write a book with all of the joyous memories.

Because of my relationship with my grandfather and my grandmother, I hold the grandparent/grandchild relationship in the highest of regards and it is a priority area for me in raising Gabriella. I want her to have this same phenomenal relationship with her grandparents as I had with mine.

Papa had been diagnosed with cancer while I was in the midst of Gabriella's adoption. I was anxious for Gabriella to come home for many reasons, of course, but I was adamant that I wanted Gabriella and Papa to know one another. I was so thankful that Papa got to know Gabriella and Gabriella got to know Papa. Gabriella may not firmly remember these times with Papa but, rest assured, I will share the stories of her great grandparents with her as she grows up.

Papa, you will be forever in our hearts and minds. We love you and will miss you immensely! Rest peacefully.

No comments:

Post a Comment