Lilypie
Not flesh of my flesh
nor bone of my bone
but still miraculously my own.

Never forget for a single minute
you didn't grow under my heart
but in it!


Monday, November 2, 2009

First "Poop" in the Potty

Amidst the sadness of this day of losing our Papa, we had a very exciting moment in our home today. Gabriella did her first "poop" in the potty! I had been laying her down to take her nap. She passed some gas and strained a bit as if she were having a movement and it seemed that she had gone in her diaper. She said, "I a poop" so I told her that I was going to get her a diaper to change her. I explained that next time she has to go that she should go in the potty. Then she said, "I a potty. Cheese (Please)." I told her, "No, you already went in your diaper so I will change your diaper but you can go in the potty next time." I proceeded to change her diaper and realized that it was clean. I also realized I had the perfect opportunity for her to be successful on the potty because I knew she had to go. She sat on the potty and in not too long I heard her movement hit the toilet water. I instantly started cheering. I explained to her what she had done and how great it was. I, of course, had to grab the camera to document this big moment! After we cleaned up, we proceeded to make phone calls to share the exciting news. We called Dada, Grammy and Grampy, and Tita. She also kept saying that she wanted to call her cousin Bella, so we called Stephanie, Bella's mom, who agreed to pass the news along. Then she said she wanted to call Papa. I told Gabriella that Papa was in Heaven. She smirked and then said, "Sleeping." And I said, "Yes, he's in Heaven sleeping ."

What a great way to add a little light to this glum day.

No comments:

Post a Comment