Lilypie
Not flesh of my flesh
nor bone of my bone
but still miraculously my own.

Never forget for a single minute
you didn't grow under my heart
but in it!


Friday, September 25, 2009

Kiva Loans for Entrepreneurs in Guatemala

I just made my first three loans to entrepreneurs in Guatemala. The three loans went to one female entrepreneur, one entrepreneur group, and one all female entrepreneur group using Kiva (http://www.kiva.org/). You can go to Kiva's website and lend to someone across the globe who needs a loan for their business - like raising goats, selling vegetables at market or making bricks. Each loan has a picture of the entrepreneur, a description of their business and how they plan to use the loan so you know exactly how your money is being spent and you get updates letting you know how the entrepreneur is going. The best part is, when the entrepreneur pays back their loan you get your money back. You can either reinvest the money or withdraw. Kiva's loans are managed by microfinance institutions in the country where the money is sent who have a lot of experience doing this, so you can trust that your money is being handled responsibly.

I made one loan to an entrepreneur named Eva Cecilia Gutierrez Pretzantzin. Eva GutiĆ©rrez is 33 years old and is married. She works as a storekeeper, selling typical clothing for women. She lives with her husband and they both work in the same small business. She has sold clothing in this way for 3 years. Currently her clientele’s demand has increased, but her economic conditions aren’t enough for her to be able to increase her capital. She is asking for this loan with the intention of buying raw material so that she can increase her sales. Her loan amount will be $925, I donated $25. You can learn about Eva Cecilia Gutierrez Pretzantzin at:
http://www.kiva.org/app.php?page=businesses&action=about&id=139464
I made my second loan to a group of entrepreneurs named the Pasanieb Group. The loan amount will be $2,725, I donated $25. Each member of the group will be responsible for $227. Each member has various intents for the money from commerce to raising animals. You can learn about the Pasanieb Group at: http://www.kiva.org/app.php?page=businesses&action=about&id=139127

I made my third loan to a group of five female entrepreneurs named "Las Emprendedoras" Group. The loan amount will be $1,225, I donated $25. They are looking to start a small business selling clothes, fruits, and other staples. They hope the business will help them to improve living conditions for their families. You can learn about the "Las Emprendedoras"Group at: http://www.kiva.org/app.php?page=businesses&action=about&id=140687

No comments:

Post a Comment