Lilypie
Not flesh of my flesh
nor bone of my bone
but still miraculously my own.

Never forget for a single minute
you didn't grow under my heart
but in it!


Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Photos from Gabriella's Welcome Home Party

Waking up on the morning of her party
Gabriella with Grampy
Gabriella with Grammy
Gabriella with Tia Candace
Gabriella with Tio Michael
Gabriella and me with Michelle and Eliana who came home from Guatemala in December, 2007
Gabriella took a much needed nap during her party
Gabriella and me with my best friend, Aunt Danie
Gia translated for me during my conversations with Gabriella's foster family throughout the process. This was their first opportunity to finally meet!
Gabriella devouring a chicken tender and french fries with Grandma Floyd
Gabriella with Tia Abuelas Trisha and Mary
Gabriella in her pretty party dress
Isabella giving Gabriella a welcome home kiss
We even had some great karaoke entertainment

No comments:

Post a Comment