Lilypie
Not flesh of my flesh
nor bone of my bone
but still miraculously my own.

Never forget for a single minute
you didn't grow under my heart
but in it!


Thursday, December 27, 2007

Post-Trip Update

Gia and I spoke to Gabriella's foster family yesterday. We had called them on Christmas day to wish them a Merry Christmas, but the family was at Church. N. stated that Gabriella was very "serious" when she returned to the house following our visit, but is back to acting like herself. N. also said that Gabriella is wanting to sit up more and sit outside and look around at things. I think our visit further jump-started her development and curiosity for new things which is wonderful.

The holiday was very hard for me, but I kept reminding myself that she should be home in a few months and that this would be the only Christmas that I would have to spend without her. Gabriella received lots of Christmas presents, too, which made her feel more present to me.

Gabriella's Christmas Presents:

1 comment:

  1. Melissa!!!

    I am so excited for you!!! Gabby is beautiful and looks so happy. I very much enjoy your blog and am thankful you are sharing this journey with us.

    You must be on cloud nine since you have returned.

    Happy New Year!

    XO
    Kathy

    ReplyDelete