Lilypie
Not flesh of my flesh
nor bone of my bone
but still miraculously my own.

Never forget for a single minute
you didn't grow under my heart
but in it!


Saturday, December 22, 2007

It Was So Hard Saying Goodbye (Goodbye For Now)

Mom and I are back home in the States now. The week flew by and I didn't get a chance to post about our third and final days with Gabriella.

We had another laid back day on Thursday - Eating, napping, and playing! Instead of getting Gabriella on a schedule, mom and I simply adjusted to her schedule! Her favorite toy was the activity playmat. She would lay under the toys on the bed and coo and talk and reach for the toys.

We also took Gabriella to the "family room" in the hotel where adoptive families congregate with their children. Gabriella tried a new toy there and played in it for a little bit until she got fussy. This photo puts into perspective what a little peanut she is!:We went to the pool for a short while and I tried to bring Gabriella in again, but the water was too cold for her.

We savored the evening with Gabriella knowing that it would be the final evening of the trip. We dressed her up in her Christmas dress, mom gave her a little bracelet, and we went to dinner. It was a bittersweet evening.


On Friday morning we were very sad to have to say goodbye to Gabriella and spent much of the morning crying. When N. and S. walked in Gabriella recognized them and lit up! That made me feel some relief. I told N. what a wonderful job they are doing and how thankful that they are taking such good care of her and loving her so much. N. said that they love Gabriella. As hard as it was leaving her, it would have been impossible to leave if I wasn't positive of the care and attention she is receiving in her foster home.

We already loved Gabriella prior to this trip, but we have fallen even more in love. We are already planning and anticipating visit trip 2!

No comments:

Post a Comment